The 8th International Workshop in Sequential Methodologies (IWSM2022)
Concurrent Symposium Celebrating Statistics, Applied Probability and Related Fields to Honor:
Prof. Nitis Mukhopadhyay’s 71st Birthday
The IWSM2021 was postponed to 2022 due to the coronavirus pandemic. The conference has been rescheduled to:
The Tuesday, May 24 – Friday, May 27, 2022
Federal University of Ouro Preto (UFOP), MG, Brazil
Department of Statistics – Institute of Exact and Biological Sciences (ICEB-UFOP).
Post-graduate Program in Applied Economics – Institute of Applied Social Sciences (PPEA-UFOP).
- The 8th International Workshop in Sequential Methodologies (IWSM) will be held at the Federal University of Ouro Preto, Ouro Preto, MG, Brazil, May 24-27, 2022.
- Workshop history: 1st IWSM was held in 2007 at Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama, USA; 2nd IWSM was held in 2009 at the University of Technology of Troyes, Troyes, France; 3rd IWSM was held in 2011 at Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA; 4th IWSM was held in 2013 at the University of Georgia-Athens, Athens, Georgia, USA; 5th IWSM was held in 2015 at Columbia University, New York, NY, USA; 6th IWSM was held in 2017 at the University of Rouen, Rouen Normandy, France; 7th IWSM was held in the University of the State of New York, Binghamton, NY, USA.
- The workshop covers all aspects of sequential methodologies in mathematical statistics and information theory from theoretical developments in optimal stopping, sequential analysis, change detection to different applications in mathematical finance, quality control, clinical trials, signal and image processing, etc.
- The goal of the workshop is to bring together the researchers and users from all areas within sequential methodologies.
- For this 8th IWSM edition, there will also occur the Concurrent Symposium Celebrating Statistics, Applied Probability and Related Fields to Honor: Prof. Nitis Mukhopadhyay’s 71st Birthday!
Organizers: Nitis Mukhopadhyay and Ivair Ramos Silva
Co-organizers: Fernanda Faria Silva
Local Program Committee: Antônio Francisco Neto (DEPRO e PPEA-UFOP), Carlos Eduardo da Gama Torres (DEECO e PPEA-UFOP), Érica Castilho Rodrigues (DEEST-UFOP), Francisca Diana Ferreira Viana (DEPRO e PPEA-UFOP), Fernanda Faria da Silva (DEECO e PPEA-UFOP), Fernando Oliveira (DEEST-UFOP), Héder Carlos de Oliveira (DEECO e PPEA-UFOP), Ivair Ramos Silva (DEEST e PPEA-UFOP), Jaqueline Pinheiro Schultz (Caint-UFOP), Luiz Duczmal (DEST-UFMG), Marcos Oliveira Prates (DEST-UFMG), Mirian Martins Ribeiro (DEECO e PPEA-UFOP), Roberto Salvador Santolin (UFRRJ-Três Rio e PPEA-UFOP).
The official website of IWSM2022 will be available soon!